2021 Sheboygan Harbor Centre BID Grant Program
The grant program was created to support new and existing business development within the Harbor Centre Business Improvement District. The intent of this program is to direct BID funds towards individual business initiatives that will have a ripple effect throughout the BID.
There are two grant funding opportunities for Events, Activities, Projects, and Improvements:
• January-February 2022 application window, March 2022 award
• July-August 2022 application window, September 2022 award
Grant activity window TBD.
Stay tuned for a January Grant Writing Workshop and February Event Planning Workshop.
We look forward to working together to improve experiences and increase business in Sheboygan’s Harbor Centre Business Improvement District and our community.
Harbor Centre Business Improvement District strives to be transparent related to our decision-making processes. If you have further questions about our processes, you may contact email@example.com or call (920) 624-2736.
Public Event Sponsorship
- Up to $5,000/event to support a district-wide public event. (Series of events will be considered for a maximum award of $15,000).
- Events must take place in public spaces within the BID and be free and open to the public.
- Events organized by groups outside of the BID, but taking place within the BID boundaries, must have a BID member serve as the primary applicant.
- Types of events include public markets, festivals, public concerts, etc.
- Up to $1,000/business for a total of up to $5,000/event to support member-driven events that will drive business throughout the BID.
- Events can take place within individual businesses but must not charge admission.
- Events should be open to the public, not to a restricted membership or other clientele. (No admission fees allowed, but cost of goods or fees for specialty experiences within the event activities are allowed.)
- Types of events include sales events, holiday events, in-store experiences, etc.
- Note that for joint Member-Driven Events, each applicant requesting $1,000 must submit a separate application.
- Up to $2,000/activity, one-to-one matching funds required.
- Support for individual efforts that will improve the Harbor Centre Business District.
- Only one business is required.
- Funds can be used for capacity building, skill building, private façade or other individual beatification improvements, rebranding, etc.
- Priority given to those that can clearly articulate how this project will have an impact on the entire district, beyond the individual business applying.
Large-scale Beautification Projects or Infrastructure Improvements
- Up to $10,000/project, one-to-one matching funds required.
- Support for individual efforts that will improve the Harbor Centre Business District on a long-term, large-scale format.
- Funds can be used on widespread beautification improvements or major infrastructure improvements.
- Priority given to those that can clearly articulate how this project will have a long-term impact on the BID district.
- Due to limited funds available in this category, project proposals are greatly enhanced by longer lead times.
- Applications should be received at least 6 months, preferably 12 months, prior to project start date.
- Projects organized by groups outside of the BID, but taking place within the BID boundaries must have a BID member serve as the primary applicant.
- Applicants must be a current BID member (see map for outline)
Past Grant Awardees
- Above & Beyond Children’s Museum: ADA-accessible Purple Octopus Playground ($10,000)
- Sheboygan County Interfaith Organization (SCIO): Night Market ($10,000)
- Legend Larry’s, Local Press Eatery, Trattoria Stefano, Il Ritrovo: 8th Streatery ($7,500)
- City of Sheboygan: City Green and Library Holiday Lights ($7,012)
- John Michael Kohler Arts Center (JMKAC ): Midsummer Festival of the Arts ($5,000)
- GM’s Bar: Outdoor painted mural ($3,333)
- Seven Ages Theatricals: Theater in the Park ($1,000)
- Carthryn Company: Grand Opening ($1,000)
- Aventuron: Grand Re-Opening ($750)
- Mead Public Library: Story Walk ($490.27)