HARBOR CENTRE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
COVID-19 FINANCIAL RELIEF GRANT
The Harbor Centre Improvement District (BID) exists to provide resources to maintain and enhance the business environment for its members. With the current state orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sheboygan businesses have seen a detrimental decline in customers and revenue, impacting their ability to survive.
The BID board of directors is taking action to ensure our small businesses receive financial support during this time. The BID will release $90,000 of funds reserved for 2020 community enhancement projects and event support to instead support our small businesses. This will help ensure Harbor Center, Riverfront and Downtown businesses continue to operate through and after this economic hardship.
• All grants are $5,000 or less
• Funds can be used for any operational purpose (unrestricted).
• Application must be submitted by Friday, May 22 at 5 p.m. CST
• Grant awardees will be notified and funded in late May/early June
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Current BID member (see map for outline)
• Physical location is or was closed due to COVID-19 (excluding curb-side operations)
• Identify as retail, nonprofit, restaurant, or wellness business
Receipt of BID funds may impact your organization’s eligibility for other funding or loan forgiveness from sources including, but not limited to: Small Business Association (SBA) CARES ACT, City of Sheboygan funding and similar sources.